Hard to tune upright

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Tue, 09 Nov 2004 09:14:12 -0800

At 08:59 AM 11/9/2004, you wrote:
>Yes John and the same with GJ

Either way - it's still going to be like trying to nail Jello to a wall.

The preferred method for tuning these beasts is to get all set up to tune,
take off your watch and look at it, begin tuning; and, when the big hand
has gone around once, you are done.

Don't turn yourself into a pretzel attempting the impossible.

These things are built for a specific market and purpose.  That is, other
than institutional sales, something like 95% of all S&S uprights sold to
private clients are later traded in on grands...rather like buying a
Mercedes "C" class sedan...it says "Mercedes" on it; but it sure doesn't
drive or feel like a real one...it's an "entry level" device, only.

Horace