tax deductions?

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:09:15 -0700

I don't think so, but I'm not an accountant.  However, you certainly can
deduct the cost of the piano and the cost of parts you replace when you
sell it and have to report the sale as income.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of ilex cameron ross
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 7:16 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: tax deductions?

List -
I apologize if this is a silly question, but I am currently gnawing on
an
opportunity I'd really like to take, except that it would require some
financial finagling. In weighing my pros and cons, a thought came up -
as a
technician, if you purchase a piano that requires work that would help
you
hone your craft, can that purchase at all possibly be written off as a
tax
deduction?
I'm afraid it's going to break my heart if I don't grab this piano, but
it
may break my wallet come April if i DO buy it...

May post again with requests for opinions on said instrument.

thanks,
ilex