Evidence of overlacquered hammers

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:39:45 +0100

antares wrote:

>> Richard Brekne
>> I dismiss hammers that need lacquer for entirely other reasons. I
>> just dont like the way they sound.  But then thats the great thing
>> about dissagreement eh ??? Leads to the very diversity seems to
>> provide the right piano for just about everyone !
>

> Richard, I have come to the definite conclusion that talking about
> this issue (of lacquer versus tension) is a complete waste on both
> sides.  If somebody really likes the sound of a lacquered hammer, than
> so be it.  I don't know what it is or why it is but this well never
> settle down. I gave up on that a long time ago.

I understand yas point here m'freind

> We might say that there are two schools of listening and there it ends.

Grin... I DO say that...... underlined and cheerfully as possible.
Problem is it doesnt seem to end with that.... no no no no no....
somebodies always got to get bent out of shape.

Well well... not my problem really. I just say what I say, mean what I
mean, and do it all with the very very best of motivations....
regardless of what any particular person wants to believe.

> André Oorebeek

Cheers
RicB