climbing mt Everett

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 07:35:16 -0700 (PDT)

You haven't seen my 1899 Everett with the solid ash
( under the veneer ) case, the solid, "bowling alley"
laminated rock maple keybed ( also varnished for
stability/cleanabilty ), the little tabs cast into the
backs of the pedals to keep mices out, the open-faced
pinblock that is still tight after 106 years, and the
wide-but-short case design, which allows
maximum-string length and soundboard area, while
mitigating action mass ( no "stickers" ).
     It also has a beautifully balanced action. That I
can play until 5:30 A.M..
     I can think of some "world-class" modern pianos
that can't TOUCH this thing !
     Hmphh!
     Thump