Young Chang satin poly

webb50@comcast.net webb50@comcast.net
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:58:19 -0400

Dave,
I'm chiming in late, hope it will help.  Phil Glenn would be a great =
resource for this situation with his specific knowledge of Young Chang =
finishes, and his expertise in polyester repair and polishing.  I'm sure =
he would be happy to advise you.=20
Ruth Phillips =20

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:27:04 EDT
From: Piannaman@aol.com
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Howdya get CA off of polyester???
Listers,
=3D20
I bought a tube of acetone/super-glue remover at the local Ace hardware =
=3D20
today in hopes that I could get this puppy taken care of.  I took it =
over  t=3D
o a=3D20
piano store and spooged some ZAP CA glue onto a like piece of  piano now =
bei=3D
ng=3D20
used as a desk.  I let it dry for awhile, then applied the  remover.  =
The=3D20
results were unbecoming, to put it mildly.  Don't try  this at home, =
kids. =3D20=3D
It=3D20
discolors and re-textures the finish.  It may  work on the shiny stuff, =
but=3D20=3D
not on=3D20
the satin.
=3D20