Bluthner Tuning

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:38:46 +0200

This is correct Terry.  You COULD tune the lower section to another note
really... for example a 5th above... might be interesting :)  But the
Bluthner plan is an octave above for the lower section (same size string
with half the singing length) and the higher section tuned to the
corresponding unisons.

Have fun with it Terry.  Its a rather neat sounding arrangement if you
ask me

Cheers
RicB

---------

/Re: Bluthner Tuning I had someone reply to me privately on this subject.
He suggested something that no one else had mentioned.

"...there are two sections with the extra string. in the lower section
you tune the fourth string an octave higher than the notes to which they
correspond and in the upper section you tune the extra strings in unison
to the strings below."

This information reportedly came from a Bluthner dealer. I'd sure hate
to be wrong and start breaking strings. Anyone else ever hear of this?
Is there any possibility that there were different scales that were
tuned differently?

Terry Farrell/