Bluthner Tuning

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:45:41 -0400

Re: Bluthner TuningThanks for pointing that out Cy. I did read Michael's =
post, but somehow I missed that. Michael Gamble, what is the source for =
your information?=20

Anyone else? Thanks.

Terry Farrell

  Michael Gamble posted the same thing.  I wondered that no one else =
picked up on this...  (Duplex Dan Franklin, we miss you!).

  --Cy--

    I had someone reply to me privately on this subject. He suggested =
something that no one else had mentioned.

    "...there are two sections with the extra string. in the lower =
section you tune the fourth string an octave higher than the notes to =
which they correspond and in the upper section you tune the extra =
strings in unison to the strings below."

    This information reportedly came from a Bluthner dealer. I'd sure =
hate to be wrong and start breaking strings. Anyone else ever hear of =
this? Is there any possibility that there were different scales that =
were tuned differently?

    Terry Farrell