Bluthner Tuning

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 18:42:46 -0400

Well, speaking lengths were the reason I was having a fair bit of trouble
imagining how in the world I was going to tune a low treble string an octave
higher! Not having ever tuned a Bluthner before, and only seeing one a
couple times at conferences, I was not aware that the 4th string in the low
treble terminate at a shorter speaking length as their respective regular
unisons. But now that I understand it a little better (or at least I have
this weird picture in my head), I think it will be pretty obvious when I get
up close and personal with this thing.

Terry Farrell