Bluthner Tuning

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 20:44:01 -0400

Re: Bluthner Tuning"I see" said the blind man. Indeed, pretty obvious. =
Just had never seen one before (or bothered to look - or remembered). =
Thanks for the picture.

Terry Farrell

  Terry, it should be easy to decide this. Where the aliquot strings are =
the same length as the other 3 strings of the unison, tune them to the =
same pitch. In the lower part of the scale the aliquots are shorter, =
bearing on a separate bridge on the soundboard. Those should probably be =
tuned an octave high. Look at the attached picture.
  I don't think all Bluthners have this separate bridge for aliquots =
(ans some Bluthners have no aliquots at all, just 3 string unisons like =
most other pianos). Anyway, if the aliquot length is the same as the =
length of the 3 strings then it should be tuned to the same pitch.

   Calin Tantareanu