File Upload area of PTG web site

Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:18:34 -0400

Ron -
I know there is a problem here you are trying to resolve, but I'm not sure
this is the answer. To quote from the instructions on the ptg.org/files page:

>When a file is uploaded it sends an email to the moderator so it should be
>approved or deleted within a day or two.

Given the way graphics have become intrinsic to many of the discussions
here, such a delay seems to pose a significant obstacle to the flow of
ideas.   For example, it's only 1:12 AM right now, and I can't see the
image of bent tuning pins Clark Sprague sent over an hour
ago.  (<http://www.ptg.org/files_add.php>http://www.ptg.org/files_add.php)
  Unless you're willing to assign a surrogate, or junior monitor when you
are not available, it acts a bit like a curfew.

Just an initial observation, though I'm glad to see you're trying.

David Skolnik