Michael's "restringing"

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:11:03 -0700

Michael said:"Hello Susan and List. Gregor phoned me from Germany simply =
to ask =3D
whether I had put his strings on yet - and that '8mm stretching' =3D
business was his reason for phoning. He said (inter alia) one of his =3D
clients had kept a set of strings for two years and then phoned with a =
=3D
complaint of loss of tone. So I'm hurrying things along. I have only =3D
today to complete the restringing and am down to 39 notes left (A3) =3D
They're all slack as yet, of course! S&S have this large gap in their =
=3D
stringing table - it goes in half-steps to guage 16 1/2  then suddenly =
=3D
there's a whole load of guage 17. Any reason, anyone, why I shouldn't =
=3D
insert a guage     17 1/2 in there at note 39 and continue to the =3D
specified change to 18 at note 35?
>From a pelting down cool Sussex Downs. Glad to be going to Verona =3D
tomorrow!
Michael,
Can We Say "Scale Evaluation"?????????!!!
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I