Newish D with issues.

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 05 Aug 2005 15:53:34 -0500

Susan,
I didn't do any string leveling.  I had my hands full for the time
allotted.  It seems to have been levelled aggressively, which, come
to think of it, is where the problem was.  With the pitch correction,
I had pulled the bend over the capo a bit.  Not enough to clear it
probably.  Mind you, pulling treble strings 44cents up plus 34%
overpull usually does give you a few extra string noises until things
stabilize.

The piano is new and the humidity is high so I don't think the bridge
pins were loose.  The tuning pins sure weren't.

Andrew