Newish D with issues.

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Fri, 05 Aug 2005 14:54:02 -0700

Hello, Andrew

I don't go for aggressive string levelling either, just a minimal amount if
I notice falseness in the sound. I don't like kinks in wire. For that
matter, I don't like aggressively seating the strings at the bridge either.
If it drives the wire down so that the contact point is in front of the
bridge pin, it has caused a problem, not solved one. All this yanking and
banging on wire, pulling it across bearings, jamming it into bridges, sort
of says "premature aging" to me. If I do anything at the bridge, it's more
likely giving a little tap on the top of the front bridge pin and/or a drop
of CA where it enters the wood. I do use firm blows in tuning ...

JMHO ...

Susan