learner with some questions/Introduction

Fri, 5 Aug 2005 23:10:34 +0100

My thanks also to Roger for the time and trouble he took to send me info =
on his "steaming" process - which I have used several times to good =
effect :-)
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Norma Neufeld=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 9:26 PM
  Subject: learner with some questions/Introduction

  On Aug 5, 2005, at 7:42 AM, nancy downs wrote:

  > Hi,
  > =20
  > I'm new here and trying to learn the art of piano tuning and some of =

  > the "fixing" that goes along with it.  I have the Randy Potter video =

  > course=20

  Hello Nancy and List,

  This seemed like a good time for me to introduce myself and say hello. =
 I've been monitoring this list for about 8 months and wanted to say =
thanks for all the excellent information, tips, suggestions and a few =
laughs.  While much of the info is beyond me at this point, I read it =
anyway, it will make sense eventually.=20

  I'm almost finished the Randy Potter course and, yes, it is a good =
program with lots of information, books, videos, etc, but I highly =
recommend getting a mentor.  Some things you just can't learn from a =
book or video and it's always nice to have another opinion.  I'm very =
fortunate to have Roger Jolly as my mentor.  Roger's time, knowledge, =
skills, contacts and friendship have been (and are still) invaluable.  =
Thank you Roger!  :-)

  Randy, apparently, is very busy and it takes quite some time to get =
your exams and tapes back.  Patience is definitely required.  Soon after =
starting the course I replaced the student hammer with a good one, which =
made a big difference.  I was able to "test drive" a few before buying =
and that helped alot in deciding what to buy.

  I really enjoy reading this list and if I ever have a silly rookie =
question I'll be sure to first"check the archives"!

  Good Luck Nancy and Thank you List,

  Norma Neufeld
  Saskatoon, SK

-----
  Powerful parental controls improve your peace of mind with MSN =
Premium: Join now and get the first two months FREE*