Seiler model 131 c. 1991 Appraisal

Dave Smith dsmith941@comcast.net
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 18:41:13 -0400

I've been asked to appraise said piano for donation purposes.  Piano has
rarely been played, in almost new condition, hammers barely grooved etc.
Case ebony polished, great condition.  If not for the serial number, you
would think it new.

I know how to use Larry Fine's book and depreciation tables, etc, but dont't
find the model 131.  The current model 122 is of course smaller, and the 132
is the new magnetic action thingee.  So maybe start with a current retail
price half way in between?  then apply depreciation factor.?

I would appreciate any guidance from anyone familiar with the Seiler line
historically as to which current model to compare.  for retail price and
depreciation purposes.

Thanks again.

Dave Smith
SW FL