learner with some questions

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Fri, 05 Aug 2005 22:30:03 -0700

At 09:10 PM 8/5/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>I also would not volunteer any information about your experience level. If
>they ask, of course, be honest. But not very many folks ask.

I found that a whole lot of folks asked, and kind of anxiously. I said,
"I've been tuning for two years" since I had, truly, finished the two year
course a couple of months before. I mentioned having the diploma if they
asked about certification. I didn't usually talk about the "Honours" or the
4 point average -- boasting always sounds weak. In the end, it's your work
that will count, not what you say about your brilliant student career. <grin>

Word of mouth from good jobs and happy customers is what builds a business.
It's really very simple -- you just take your time and listen to what they
say, and provide good value, over and over again. If, after two or three
years, you find that you still NEED advertising, you're doing something
wrong. MHO ...

Susan