Bluthner Appraisal

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:25:11 -0400

I'll volunteer a low-moderate experienced opinion or two (FWIW):

If they find "someone out there with deep pockets who just has to have this
diamond-in-the-rough" maybe $3K tops (I sure wouldn't pay that for it - but
hey, it takes all kinds).

Some foolish unimformed piano consumer might pay up to $2K for it.

Wholesale/salvage price for someone looking for a piano like that - maaaaybe
$1K to $1.5K.

More realistic wholesale/salvage price - $500.

When I first started in this business I bought a salvage-condition 1900
6-foot Bechstein for $1.5K. I realize now that I likely paid too much for
it.

I'm always game for a good chuckle, pray tell, what is "her realm of great
expectations?"

Terry Farrell