Bridle Strap Replacement

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks@yahoo.com
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:54:00 -0700 (PDT)

I practiced some bridle strap replacements on my old upright.  They originally had cork, and I replaced that with the regular straps (that was all I had).  After they dried, I put the action back and tested the notes and found that some of the back checks would hit some of the straps not causing the hammer to strike the string properly.  I guess I learn pretty quickly what I need to do next time.

What kind of straps do ya'll use?  I know some like the cork, and they just use a dab of glue on each, but then will that mess with the next technician down the road who replaces them?

Matthew