Business Ethics Question - Very Long Post

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:20:58 -0500

  There is so much to go into here,and to much carryover to go into =
detail now. The technique and expertise vary widely,but the  factors are =
'similar' as far as the performer is concerned. We discuss =
unison/phasing,string seating,hammer =
voicing/alignment,regulation,impact..etc. Coming from the other =
side,wind players concerns are more =
pitch/overtone,embrochure,tounging,air speed/breath control,and as for =
both sustain and staccatto.  We can not learn the real tricks of the =
trade in all repair/allignment fields,but can continue to learn from,and =
help each other. The whole point as I see it is to help the player do =
what they can do. Just because I can play "at" Bass Trombone doesn't =
mean I can repair one. I tune "at" Pianos and hope springs eternal.

  Hubert Liverman

  With all this talk about band instruments...and some of you guys seem =
to fix them as well as pianos...is it a smooth transition to band =
repair. Some of my clients own other instruments, and have asked about =
it. Doesnt seem to be too many around...kinda like piano tuners. Where =
have they all gone ???

  Jon Page <jonpage@comcast.net> wrote:=20
    Sounds to me like he gets this a lot and to avoid more 'bad press' =
he=20
    refunded your money.

    Keep it. He is incompetent. The bassoon is in worse condition than=20
    when it left.
    You are still going to have to get it reconditioned properly.

    Investigate better this time. Contact other bassoonists in other=20
    orchestras and
    ask for referrals. Proceed on reputation rather than instinct=20
    (wishful thinking).
    --=20

    Regards,

    Jon Page