Safeco business insurance

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:54:33 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Andrew and Rebeca Anderson=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 3:08 PM
  Subject: Re: Safeco business insurance

  I got a quote from them that has me looking for competing bids.
  Andrew
  At 04:53 PM 8/11/2005, you wrote:

    To the list:  Just got a renewal notice from Safeco that my =
insurance will be raised 32% for the upcoming year!! Has anybody else =
encountered something like this? =20
    =20
    Don Bee, Sr., RPT
    Chicago Chapter

  Thanks for reminding me how much insurance companies are like =
politicians, lawyers and child molesters.

  When I started to fix pianos, install pianocorders etc. I got a =
liability etc policy from a broker for about 750 dollars a year. (that =
was about what I was making)

  State Farm then told me they were getting in the business.  I got a =
policy from them for about $450 a year.  Next year they raised it to =
$550. Next year $1250.  I reluctantly paid it until they then raised it =
to $2500.  It was obvious they wanted to get out of the business.  =
Nobody would talk to me for less than $2500.  That was when I signed up =
for the PTG for about $250 a year.  Last payment was was about $550.  =
I've never filed a clain (The insurance companies will say "well you're =
about due")  If Safeco is listening I have one thing to say "UP YOURS".  =
When my payment is due, guess what? Hasta la vista baby.  Has anybody =
tried Lloyds of London?  They insure boobs, so why not piano techs?

  I have no advice, except to bitch, bitch.bitch. It won't do any good, =
but you'll feel better.

  When you shop for insurance, make sure it includes "products =
liability".  that is very important if you install after market =
equipment such as Pianodisc or Pianomation.  I still install the =
occasional Pianocorder with interface to the computer so I am somewhat =
vunerable.  Electrical installation can be a problem for liability.

  Happy hunting,

  Carl Meyer PTG assoc
  Santa Clara, Ca.