archive searches

Steve Fujan sjfujan@gmail.com
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:45:57 -0500

I found the following in last months archives:
Unfortunately, Google appears to only catch the stuff it saw on it's last=
=20
crawl through ptg.org <http://ptg.org>. If you only want to search the=20
subjects, you can click on a complete month of archives at=20
https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/pianotech.php/ and use your browser's "find"=20
function (Edit menu on IE).
 Ron Berry, any idea when the internal search function will be reactivated?
 Regards,
Steve Fujan
**=20
*--- Start Quote ---*
*Phil Bondi *phil@philbondi.com <phil%40philbondi.com>
*Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:58:28 -0400*=20

------------------------------

Hello all. I will ask you if you need to search the archives for the
foreseeable future to please use Google. Google seems to work fairly
well for finding things in the archives. The reason for the search
function being turned off at the PTG server is because when someone
searched the archives, the server, for some unknown reason as of yet,
would hang up. At that point you were not able to reach www.ptg.org
<http://www.ptg.org>, all mail coming into the server ceased to flow
out, etc. So I will ask the members of this list, until further
notice, to please use Google as your ptg search engine. I am speaking
on the behalf of the entire Electronics Communications Committee
because I am the Admin on duty this week. I can tell you that the
problem is being worked on, and we are hopeful for a speedy resolution
to the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused
anyone. -Phil, admin for the week *--- End Quote ---*

On 8/14/05, Sid Blum <piano@sover.net> wrote:=20