string termination

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:40:28 +0200

Hi Stephen

Very interesting to watch the c64 bridge avi.  I ran this through extra
slow motion on my viewer and for the life of me I can not see hardly any
downward deflection at the bridge pin by the string. The strings upward
motion at the pin (and immediatly away from it as well) is quite obvious
to see, but if you mark the initial position of the string, it never
seems to go below that plane. More then likely some effect from the
angle.... or.. ?  It would be nice to see this same shot from a
perpendicular angle to the string on the string plane.

Cheers
RicB

The ftp server on my usual website is out of action at the moment, so
best go to the mirror site I have. The high-speed stuff is at
http://fortepianos.com/high%20speed%20imaging.htm Note carefully the
instructions given for getting your system set up to play these. The
compression is extreme (each video starts raw at 500MB and compressed
to about 5MB) to make them manageable files, so you'll need to get
the correct video codec installed if you don't already have it.

Stephen
--
Dr Stephen Birkett
Associate Professor