Knabe Action Parts

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:24:54 -0400

You are right David, that the holes in the wip rail are slotted. =
However, I did have to route them out a bit because the slot did not =
allow quite enough movement for the proper action spread.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Love=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 9:42 PM
  Subject: Spam Alert: RE: Knabe Action Parts

  The screws that hold the wippen rail in place have large washers that =
hide a slotted hole that allows you to move the rail in or out.  Of =
course yours is a bit older than the ones I have worked on but I think =
they are all built that way.  I was thinking more about centering the =
capstan but the magic line wouldn't be a bad thing to check.  Since you =
are using a glue-on heel on the wippen, you can experiment with the =
magic line and choose the one that fits the best. =20

  David Love
  davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20