CA glue

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:13:20 -0500

Tom D. said: "I've never seen a drop of CA hit the paper." (re: CA in grand
piano, from the top, wax paper covering action)

I've had only one instance and it had to be the time I forgot to remove or
cover the action. Steinway bass hammer flange covered in a great gooey gob
o' glue and sealed to the rail. Had to carve and chip away the old flange
and all the glue, peal away (razor) and sand down the glue on the shank
flange arms, drill out the old gluey felt, rebush, etc.

Moral: Don't forget the "drop cloth".

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri