PTG app questions

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:15:56 -0700

John Delmore asked: "I got my PTG application et al in the mail =
yesterday, and have a couple of
questions.  For professional references:  I don't have any in the piano
industry-I'm just learning.  I can't imagine anyone cares what kind of
chemist I am!  Same with a sponsor-do I need to find one before =
applying?
Everything else, I think I've got."
=20
Thanks for any guidance
John,
The Professional references are actually "personal" references, as to =
your character, etc.<G> In all my time in PTG, I only know of a very few =
such "references" that were actually checked!!! (This is a big "sore =
spot" in the application, IMO.
As for the Sponsor, YES, you do need one. That person needs to be an =
RPT. Most are, only too willing to sign your application. I just wish =
they, (all of us RPTs), would take that "Sponsor" signature. That should =
obligate the "Sponsor" to Mentor the applicant. Few do, unfortunately. =
:-(
Regards,
  =20
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.