tuning as a college course

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:27:34 -0500

We have had a course here at SMU in the past though it's been a while
since it has been offered.  I think it might even still be in the
catalog.  There was a committee of CAUT technicians working on a
syllabus a while back and they formed a list cautcom@ptg.org You might
check the cautcom archives to get some ideas.

=20

dave

=20

David M. Porritt

dporritt@smu.edu

________________________________

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Blackstone Piano
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 6:13 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: tuning as a college course

=20

Does anyone know of any colleges which offer piano tuning and repair as
an elective course?  At one time I heard Berklee offered an elective
course that was designed to introduce tuning and small repairs, more to
educate students about how pianos work than to try making piano tuners
out of them.  Just curious.

=20

Thanks,

Colin McCullough

=20

please visit the McCullough Tuning Tutorial, a free online resource for
learning how a piano is tuned.

www.blackstonepiano.com/tutorial/tutorial.htm

=20