Stain Stripping

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:39:36 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0084_01C5A64D.638D1490
I stripped the finish off the inside of the case (rim) of a piano I am =
working on. I used a methylene-chloride-free product called Dyna-Strip =
2, sold by Pianolac. One application of stripper left on overnight =
removed the finish completely - it literally fell off - no scraping =
required at all. I'm very happy with that aspect of the results.

In some areas, hunks of the stripper slid down the face of the rim - it =
still removed the finish - but in those areas, less stain was removed. =
So now I have shadows of light and dark where there was an apparent =
difference in stain removal.

What is the best way to address these stain shadows?

Terry Farrell

------=_NextPart_001_0084_01C5A64D.638D1490
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------=_NextPart_001_0084_01C5A64D.638D1490--