Baldwin Designs, etc.

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:20:31 -0700

Actually, I'm getting ready to adjust the plate on an older Baldwin L that I
have modified with threaded holes just like the current Baldwin.

I'm going to pull the top 4 or 5 bolts up high enough to clear the inner
rim/soundboard, lower the plate to the desired elevation and drive the bolts
back in. I have no plans to lower pitch first. Although I might mention that
this piano does have relatively low tension scale and Baldwin plates are
generally on the robust side.

Del