CA glue + Elmers for Ivories

FRANCES HELMS fhelms@topeka.k12.ks.us
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:21:02 -0500

Just out of curiousity...yeah, I know about the cat...what exactly was the effect on the "re-glued" ivories?
Fran Helms,
piano technician
Topeka, KS

>>> "Joe Garrett" <joegarrett@earthlink.net> 8/23/2005 1:54 PM >>>
I know Ssssssn is gunna have a cow, but I just gotta say it. Please don't use the CA/Elmers on replacing Ivories!!! PLEASE!!!!???? I'm in the process of doing a re-whatever on a set of  European Upright Keys. 1/2 of the keys still have/had beautiful, thick Ivory, that could be salvaged. Several had been "re-glued" with that damned concoction! There was no way in hell, those could be salvaged!! What a damned waste!! grrrrr!
O.K. I'll get off my soapbox.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police