john tesh concert

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:47:22 -0500

At 11:22 AM 8/24/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>   Terry
>   BTW Thanks Avery
>  No offense  Terry but be stop being a total dolt man or are you just
> feigning adolescent ignorance to be irritating
>   The simple point , which you missed,  is that this man is a
> proffessional musician who tolerates a piano that doesn't even come close
> to any standard of tone or tuning  we all subscribe to & the sound was
> very irritating. Clear now???
>   Dale Erwin
>
>Any way the piano part of this post is that the part of the concert that
>was teeth grinding was the Yamaha Piano that was grossly out of tune
>unison / every thing & from it's horrendous tonal properties, it
>remarkably replicated the sound of shattering glass. WoW!! I was sure
>strings would be flying out of the piano , shooting right thru the closed
>lid at any moment. No, it wasn't just bad miking ,all though this can
>contribute.
>Surely this is not a Yamaha concert fleet instrument.
>I know the tuner/techs in this area & I didn't hear that any had calls to
>tune this beast that day.
Well, Dale,

I understand by what are saying that you are paying Mr Tesh a very high
compliment! ?    ;-}

It sounds as though he made as much lemonade as possible out of the lemon
he was presented with.

One can only hope that there was a printed  review  which bemoaned the poor
condition of the instrument and the consummate professionalism of Mr Tesh
to overcome the piano.

Isn't there as show biz expression, "the show must go on" ?

Conrad Hoffsommer
I tried to get a life once but they were all out of stock.