To Ream or Not to Ream?

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:26:12 +0200

Hi John

Yes, its small Dremel like sanding drum, tho I'd never use the speed a
Dremel tool runs at.  I fit it into a battery run drill and run at very
slow speed. As I said.. its just to clean and roughen the inside of the
hole.  You should be able to get a variety of sizes from supply houses
that sell off the wall woodworking stuff, hobby stores, or the like. But
frankly, its easy enough to make one yourself.  A hammer shank will do
nicely.

Cheers
RicB
---------

Hi Ric,
I found as you, that a drill is not a thing to use on a reamer.
I use a thing like the end of a drill that holds the bit. It fits in the end of a power screwdriver, or screwdriver that takes tips. I find I have more control, and do it by feel.
I like the idea of a small sand paper drum.
Is it something like the small Dremel one, or one you made?
Thanks.
John
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada