Nossaman D

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:41:35 +0200

Ron,  and others

I must say it certainly does look interesting.  I am a bit suprised at
what appears to be a very modest cutoff, tho it does not suprise me to
the fish used. Nothing to remind one of the Steinway front and rear
duplex systems. Along with your bridge modifications and no doubt pure
rib crowned panel there is not much left of the origional design to be
sure.

Brings up the never ending discussion of what to call the thing.  I
wouldnt use Hartmans  <<Frankenstein>>... to much negative conotation
there.  No... it is what it is. A Nossaman imposed on a Steinway rim and
plate.  Definatly would like to hear the result.

As for <<better>> or <<worse>>...   well you know me :) I'd rather just
stick with <<different>>

I do hope you put your name fairly clearly visable as the redesigner
tho.  Whatever the result, its your puppy.  For better or worse you
deserve all the credit for what this instrument has become.  Besides.
Anyone who knows Steinways at all would react to the obvious
modifications and would begin to wonder.

Cheers, and congrats with all the nice omtale
RicB