Steinway Sostenuto rod problem

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:18:30 -0500

OK, Avery, I'll step up to the job, since I have a friend who does =
translating.  :-)

Done right it should last a good long time.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Avery Todd=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:01 PM
  Subject: Re: Steinway Sostenuto rod problem

  >Dont right it should last a good long time.

  ??????

  Just wondering.=20

  Avery=20

    Greg Newell

    At 10:12 PM 8/23/2005, you wrote:

      This is my first post in several years.  I usually find all the =
help I need from just reading the various posts from all you "experts" =
but now I need help with a matter that I haven't seen dealt with on the =
list lately.
      =20
      The pianist/owner was complaining that the sostenuto function was =
not working on his S & S "B" grand.
      =20
      Examination showed that the "U" shaped bracket connecting the =
sostenuto rod to the monkey had pulled away from the rod.  The bracket =
is still present; it's firmly held by the monkey, but without being =
attached to the rod, it's of limited usefulness. =20
      =20
      Any ideas of how to reattach the bracket to the sostenuto rod?  =
Has anybody tried a repair that held up?  Or do I need to order a new =
sostenuto rod?
      =20
      Thanks for your help.
      =20