To Ream or Not to Ream

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:05:19 +0200

Gotta agree with Terry and John here Thumpy

Tho the brush idea seems seductive enough on the surface, my experiences
are less then all that positive.  I never liked reamers either.  Perhaps
its a matter of what works best for each individual, but I found a drum
sander on a slow moving drill to give me the best results.  A little
dab'll do ya !

Cheers
RicB
---------

I tried the brush thing once. I found that the darn thing wears down after a
few dozen holes - so your holes come out different sizes, depending on the
state of wear on the brush. Just didn't do it for me. I think that ended up
being the first time I tried plugging a pinblock - because the brush thing
worked so poorly (for me anyway).

Terry Farrell