Soundboard Removal w/ alcohol, BUT NOT ON KEYS !!!!

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:53:50 -0700 (PDT)

A "well known", pricey, piano supply company said that
I should scrub down keys with alcohol and an abrasive
pad, to get goo off the sides, saying that using a
razor blade to scrape off the gunk compromised the
keys' dimensional integrity.
BAD IDEA !!!! The alcohol loosened key buttons and,
far worse, also the thin slivers of wood under the
fronts. Now I have  REAL mess to deal with !!!!!
     I will continue to use razors to scrape feces and
boogers off the key sides, a brass pot brush for the
tops ( while still on the key frame, but NAPTHA and a
scrub pad for the remainder, if needed.
     Thump

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs