Una-Corda Mystery

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:02:23 -0400

The action was slid into place while the pedal was depressed so the =
lever is not properly engaged in the keyframe.

You are in the right ballpark, but this is not the correct answer.

....the fragistat is dislocometed and needs clumerating astride the =
left-most gizzwhump flarker ....

Oh, oh, you're hot, hot, hot!!!!  .........but not quite.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan Barnard=20

  oo, oo, uh, oh, oh, lemme try again ... The action was slid into place =
while the pedal was depressed so the lever is not properly engaged in =
the keyframe. Or, wait, wait, I got it ... the fragistat is dislocometed =
and needs clumerating astride the left-most gizzwhump flarker (Pat. =
Pending).

  Alan Barnard
  Salem, Missouri

        From: Farrell=20

        =20
        Okay, here is my first (and likely lame) contribution to the =
daily mystery question.

        About 1980 Kawai KG-2S - about 5' 10" - very good to excellent =
condition. Lady bought it used one year ago (she paid $3,500 for it - =
perfect satin cherry case - she got a great deal!). During that first =
year she had a QRS Pianomation player system installed on the piano. We =
had set up a service appointment for cleaning the interior, tuning and =
looking at a "loose" pedal.

        The left (una-corda) pedal was just hanging down. I crawled =
under piano to check levers, etc. Everything with the una-corda under =
the keybed appeared to be functioning just fine. Adjustment appears good =
(in that, when the pedal travels down, the lever moves sideways in the =
keybed). However, when you depress the left pedal the action frame did =
not slide over to the right. The keyframe was resting on the left felted =
keyframe stop. The action slid in and out easily. It was as if the =
una-corda lever system was not hooked up to the action frame.

        What was the cause of the non-functioning una-corda pedal?

        (This is probably too easy - however, it did take me a good 10 =
or 15 minutes to fully figure it out.)

        Terry Farrell