Una-Corda Mystery

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:02:51 EDT

In a message dated 8/27/05 3:02:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

So now she wants it fixed. My thought is to rout out a small  area of partial
thickness (maybe a quarter inch or so) on bottom of the  middle board of the
keyframe (the one that has the center rail mounted on it -  the rear rail is
already routed out for the place where the una-corda pedal  used to engage the
keyframe. Then install a hunk of hard maple that would run  from the middle
board to the rear board on the keyframe. Keep the maple hunk  maybe a half-inch
thick or so - keep it flush with the bottom of the other two  keyframe boards
(not too high, not too low). Position it correctly so that the  una-corda
lever will engage it, put a strip of leather on the correct edge,  charge the
owner a handsome but fair fee (couple hundred bucks), and then  smile when she
praises the wonderful job I did (and then smile again when I  cash her check).

Terry,

Is there any way to put some kind of extension on the lever that wouldn't
flex too much??  Just a thought.  Your way sounds good and more  permanent, for
sure.

Have a great bike ride!  Don't get blown off the road...

Dave