Soundboard Removal

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:20:54 +0200

Hello Ric.

> I'm about to get started on an old first year production Julius Bluthner
> Patent Grand and will be using this basic approach to repairing the
> soundboard. I have to try and find out what degrees of crown old Julius
> used way back when, and how achieved it first.  That kind of info seems
> difficult to be sure of.

Is this the one you got for free some month ago and donated to a museum out
there ?  Say, does it have the very few crossing strings ? I mean the 5 or 6
no more highest bass strings running over 4 or 5 no more tenor ones ?

By the way, I just wanted to say again that you seem to have good of both
worlds (how do you say that in english ?) I mean : you have respect for
tradition (which americans barely have) and open mind for new ideas (which
europeans have, but much, much later than americans).

I wish you twice the very best on this Blüthner project; and I must agree
with what Dale says (but who am I, etc.).

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin