Soundboard Removal w/ alcohol, BUT NOT ON KEYS !!!! P.S.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:10:48 -0700 (PDT)

When I use the bathrooms at the University, I notice
that about a third ( not really 50% ) of the guys do
not wash their hands before they leave. I usually chew
them out, and they come back to the sinks, but not
always.
    The practice rooms here have 1.5 million$ in new
Steinways. After only 5 years they are filthy and,
yes, they stink. Some severely. Playing on them is
disgusting, largely because of this. I recommended to
the head of the piano dept. that simple signs be put
in the rooms insisting that users wash immediately
before practicing. He said they wouldn't, because they
didn't want to "insult" anyone!
     SCREW THAT! If you don't have enough sense to
wash your hands before touching a $60,000 piano, even
if it IS only a Steinway, you shouldn't be a piano
major. You should be back in kindergarten.
    Peace,
     Thump