Coincidence or common symptom?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:07:51 EDT

In a message dated 8/28/05 5:50:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
phil@philbondi.com writes:

Hi  all.

recently, 2 older Kohler and Campbell consoles have come through a  local
dealership, and both of them have issues with hammer return springs.  Is
this a common problem with these pianos, or am I just  lucky?

Thanks,

-Phil Bondi(Fl)

Are the springs breaking?  I haven't seen this on these pianos, but  I've
seen it on Everetts of around 20-25 years old.  Actions are by  Pratt-Read, so
that may be the common cause here.

Then you'll get the spoons embedded in the damper lever felts!

Dave Stahl