How to remove Deskframe Guide Rail Block (Treble) - C6 Yamaha GrandPiano

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:52:33 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chi-cheung FUNG" <tccfung@yahoo.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2005 11:29 PM
Subject: How to remove Deskframe Guide Rail Block (Treble) - C6 Yamaha
GrandPiano

> Hi experts,
>
> I have a problem to remove the Deskframe Guide Rail
> Block(Treble) from a C6 Yamaha Grand Piano.
> Though I have already taken out all three screws, it
> was still very tight and hard to come off from the
> cabinet.
> Anyone who can advise me how to taken out the wooden
> block effectively.
> Thank you for your reply as soon as possible.
>
> Best regards
> Thomas Fung in Ontario
> Rightech Piano Services

    Thomas,
    Call the right tech and he or she should have no problem  <G>
    Kidding aside--look for more screws-- then look again. When you are sure
you have exhausted all possibilities , give the thing  a gentle tap with a
well padded mallet . Not too hard, but if all the screws are indeed removed
it should pop off .
    Did I mention look for more screws ?
    Tom Driscoll RPTired