vision problems

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:31:31 -0700

Petzl Zipka!!

http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/accessdetail.cfm?products__productid=pet1600

There are also plenty of other places which carry it, so you might check
prices.

I was amazed -- I saw things inside an upright action which I hadn't seen
even when my eyes were young and strong. Highly recommended. The batteries
(3 AAA cells)
last a long time, and when they are old the light just gets dimmer, but
will keep on shining for a long time. Not like some flashlights which shine
brightly and then drop dead.

It costs a bit, but I wouldn't be without one. Other versions of LED
headlamps, with simpler headbands, might be somewhat less expensive. Petzl
Zipka has an elastic thread which retracts into the headpiece. It's such a
light small thing -- it always lives in my purse now.

Susan