Benefits of a Dampp-Chaser System

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:21:31 -0500

Amen. Another believer. I think they can make an real differnence. There is one small frustration, however, in that some pianos don't seem to benefit as dramatically, for whatever reasons. But for many, it can be just amazing.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

----- Original Message -----
From: Wayne Walker
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 08/29/2005 12:26:32 PM
Subject: Benefits of a Dampp-Chaser System

For the last 20 years we have been renting an upright piano for a choral camp. The piano is located in an open stage area. Open to the elements. Temperatures from 49 F at night to 85F to 90F day time and high humidity 80%+. The camp runs the full month of August and the piano is require to be tuned each Saturday morning before 8 AM plus 1 hour drive each way. When I tune the piano I'm lowering the pitch a good 1/4 semitone each week.

Last year and this year I decided to used a piano with a Dampp-Chaser system installed. We just brought the piano back today. The piano hasn't been tuned since it left the shop. The piano was only 1.2 cents flat. This has save me many early Saturday mornings over the last 2 years.

Wayne Walker
Piano Tuner & Technician
MUSICSTOP LTD
1005 Dow Rd, New Minas, NS
B4N 3R4
Cell 902-221-1540
Fax 902-681-1463
wayne.w@musicstop.com
www.musicstop.com

It has removed 1826 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!