Question for tuner/techs who play.

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:25:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/05 12:49:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jodel@kairos.net writes:

Hi  all:
I was wondering if some of the  techs who play have any favorite pieces they
play when finished a tuning, to  see how things sound musically ?  I would
think something that ranges  over the keyboard fairly well, maybe plenty of
octaves, but not something so showy as to intimidate the client (still want  their
opinion, right?).  What do  you think?
John Delmore

I've taken to playing my own version of "Bridge  Over Troubled  Water."  It's
quite a beautiful piece, from a harmonic standpoint, and  there's something
about E flat major that is quite soothing to me.

I used to play more showy things, but now I just try to show off the depth
of the piano--and, of course, the quality of the tuning!

Dave Stahl