Techs who play

Don Valley dvalley1@bellsouth.net
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:09:59 -0400

Quite frequently I don't play anything specific but do a pile of
improvisation in
a variety of styles.  That way I can bring out the sounds of the piano
having
used all three pedals (when there) and a variety of expressions and moods.
Clients like my arrangement of "Summertime" and often will make the comment:
"I'd give my right arm to play like that."  Having collected a pile of right
arms,
I have yet to see anyone "play like that" without their right arm.  Even
when a
piano is poorly played, many people think it is just fabulous.  So find what
is
comfortable for you and do it.  To be quite honest, I don't have the time to

play very much, so a sampling suffices quite well.
Don