humidistat

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 08:36:22 -0800

Hello Roger:

I use the DC products without any complaint or need to find a
substitute.  I was thinking more for a wood conditioning cabinet than
for a piano.  But now that you bring it up, it would be nice if DC made
a dial up unit compatible with their products for just such a purpose.
What's the possibility of that?

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Roger Wheelock
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 8:28 AM
To: Pianotech
Cc: Gayle Mair
Subject: Re: humidistat

Hi David,

I use this unit in one of our test rooms at the factory.  (I need to
control
the test room at various extremes of relative humidity.)  The dial
readings
are not particularly accurate so a good hygrometer is needed for
calibration.  I think it would work fine in the shop but not for a
piano.
Years ago we decided not to build a dial-up unit.  We think a piano
owner
might adjust the dial and then either over dry or over humidify the
piano.
Our fear is that the piano owner would then file a claim against us for
the
damage.  Maybe we are a bit paranoid, but we pride ourselves on never
having
an insurable product liability claim in the 57-year history of the
company.

Conversely, we have thought about selling our humidistat into the
greenhouse
market.  If I remember correctly that Greenair product is kind of
expensive.

Roger Wheelock
Dampp-Chaser Corp.