Sticky ebony keytops revisited

FRANCES HELMS fhelms@topeka.k12.ks.us
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:43:32 -0600

A thought occurred, and since it happens rarely will share it for what
it's worth.  Ebony is an oily wood, some types of finish will not
adhere/cohere to it.  Don't know about the original problem but the
flaking might be due to the past use of one of these.
Fran Helms
Helms Tuning & Repair
Topeka, Ks.

>>> "James Grebe" <pianoman@accessus.net> 1/12/2005 6:35:57 AM >>>
They do that because they THINK ebony is black, when it is not.  It is
very dark brown with waves of black in it.  There are also different
trees
with the ebony name.  I, a few weeks ago. used some wood called Texas
Ebony
to make one of my pens.  It is even lighter brown than the regular
ebony.
Jim
James Grebe
Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups
(314) 608-4137
www.JamesGrebe.com
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010