even more Damp-Chaser thoughts

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:57:01 -0500

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the replies! Just to provide more details since=20
some asked:

This is in a church in eastern PA, very large room with forced air=20
heat. The piano is about 3 years old. There is a vent within 6 feet of=20=

the piano (behind the bench), but the air comes out gently rather than=20=

"blown" out. I installed the recommended system from dampp-chaser with=20=

the smart heater bar, in the way as was illustrated. They leave the lid=20=

closed all week until Sundays, with the heating set to 56 all week=20
(unless there's an event). There is no bottom cover. They have reported=20=

to me the low-water light was blinking occasionally, but I'm pretty=20
sure they keep up with watering the piano.

Perhaps the problem may be related to my hammer technique on this=20
piano. I've only tuned 2 Bostons, both new, and I don't like the feel=20
of the pins. Though I've performed on this piano once (and I tuned it)=20=

and the unisons stayed nice.

Maybe it's as Dean reported. It'd also probably be a big help to keep=20
track of the things Joe suggested.

Thanks!

-- John

> John,
> IMO, it would behoove you to keep records of Temperature, Humidity and=20=

> the pitch before/after tuning. Believe me, it definately gives you=20
> more ways to ascertain what's going on with the piano, such as a=20
> customer that likes to throw the doors and windows open all the time.=20=

> Or, possibly structural problems arising. My card has designated=20
> spaces for such information. It definately helps.
> =A0
> Best Regards,
> Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
>

> <and others>