A real West Virginia piano

Fri, 1 Jul 2005 18:15:16 +0100

Hello Cy
After all this time I find upright pianos being referred to on the List! =
I though you all had S&S, M&H, Yam grands only in US!=20
I use a Papps wedge only on uprights. I find the rubber fiddly to get in =
between the strings in a hurry!
Regards from a rainy evening in Sussex
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Cy Shuster=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 5:37 PM
  Subject: A real West Virginia piano

  At first, I thought this black, powdery stuff was mold -- but there =
was no rust on the strings, and it was only on the tops of the hammers.

  As I dared to touch it, a train went rumbling by (100 yards or more =
away), and the light bulb came on: very fine coal dust!  Finally, an =
environment that is *beneficial* to a piano!  :-)

  --Cy Shuster--
  Bluefield, WV