Energy; was: Having Someone to Take Over the Business[wasMy Son]

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Fri, 01 Jul 2005 13:01:26 -0700

At 02:26 PM 7/1/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Don,
>
>I'm with on the cost-to-savings ratio, but could you elaborate on "they
>don't work" and worse pollution?
>
>Mike

I think that they do work, and can work a lot better later on.

This is the one I want -- unfortunately, it's still just a prototype.

http://www.calcars.org/vehicles.html

Europe has a bunch of extremely thrifty tiny cars, but no one will
import them. I emailed VW about a Polo, and they just offered me a
Jetta. <grrrrr> Part of the trouble is crash-resistance, which super-light
vehicles are not good at. However, if gas gets so expensive that people
stop driving tanks, the roads might not be so dangerous later on.

Susan